with Fia Skye
hosted by Catherine Anderson Studio in Charlotte, NC
Cost: $115* includes
- Creative Anarchy e-book
- Vocal assessment with individualized instruction
- lunch of soup and salad
- a handbound journal from our friends at 13/sedicesimi in Turin, Italy
Workshop intensive is limited to 10 participants
Unless you’re a performer or public speaker, you may only think about your voice when you “lose it.” However, every time you speak, your voice reveals more about you than your words. Even the most perfectly chosen thing to say can be misunderstood because your body or the sound of your voice offers contrary information.
Your sound is influenced by your physical environment, the physiological structure of your body, your life experiences and choices & the way you feel about yourself. It’s taken as many years to develop your unique sound as you’ve been alive on the planet… though it will take time and joyful discipline, new pathways of new muscle memory can be created. Your physiology cannot change, but your habits can.
This 6 hour intensive focuses on Alignment & Synchronicity (your body telling the same story as your words and voice). During our time together, you will:
- Become more aware of your body and the clues it is giving you
- Learn simple physical awareness techniques that can help re-orient and balance you throughout the day
- Play with ways to expand your vocal range, access more tones and sharpen articulation for more clarity
- Experience the sound and feel of your whole voice
- Identify your habits and create a sustainable practice towards vocal health and wellness
*The $50 non-refundable deposit will hold your space in workshop. The remaining balance is due two weeks prior to the workshop, 22 January, 2017. If you register after this date, the full amount is due upon sign-up. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list, or if you have any questions just email Fia at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Catherine Anderson is an prominent artist & teacher, leading workshops around the world. Her studio is an extension of her extraordinary journey as an artist, so it is the perfect space for our exploration! If you have any questions regarding directions or lodging, just let us know and we're happy to offer more information!