with Brian Andreas & Fia Skye
September 8 - 10, 2017
Friday 6:00-9pm, Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
hosted by Telling Room** in Portland, ME
Cost: $425* includes
- 8 weeks of correspondence & weekly writing practice
- 15 hour intensive with Brian & Fia
- treats from Brian's Studio, including a signed copy of "Bring Your Life Back to Life,"
- a handbound journal from our friends at 13/sedicesimi in Turin, Italy
- lunch provided on both Saturday & Sunday
The workshop begins with digital correspondence & weekly practices 4 weeks prior to us meeting on the 8th, and continues 4 weeks after the workshop...
Workshop is limited to 24 participants
Do you have a consistent practice for your writing? When you get stuck, do you have a reliable way of getting back into motion? Do you know where to put all the words in your heart, how to aim them out in ways that have impact? Whether you define yourself as a writer or one who (also) writes, this workshop focuses on beginner’s mind and bringing your whole self into writing.
Writing in the Body uses our process of align | partner | create to aim your words out into the world in ways that land. Through guided writing and physical exercises, this workshop focuses on creating a holistic & sustainable practice.
In this workshop you will:
- Aim your writing in ways that connect you with your audience
- Learn simple physical awareness techniques that can help re-orient and balance you throughout the day
- Experience how physical alignment affects the process & content of your writing
- Explore ways to focus & concentrate, so you can develop your own sustainable practice
- Adapt your writing for various templates & audiences, in ways that do not compromise your voice
*The $100 non-refundable deposit will hold your space in workshop. The remaining balance is due two weeks prior to the workshop, August 25, 2017. If you register after this date, the full amount is due upon sign-up. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list, or if you have any questions just email Fia at email@example.com
**The Telling Room is a non-profit writing center whole-heartedly dedicated to writing, literacy, & storytelling programs for the next generation. An extraordinary source for community, we are so grateful to be partnering with them for this workshop!! If you have any questions about directions or lodging, please email us and we'll be happy to send information.