The Power of Story & Your Authentic Voice
with Brian Andreas & Fia Skye
March 11 - 12, 2017
Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
hosted by Mabel Dodge Luhan House in Taos, NM
Cost: $375* includes
- 4 weeks of correspondence & weekly writing practice
- 12 hour intensive with Brian & Fia
- treats from Brian's Studio, including a signed copy of "Bring Your Life Back to Life"
- a handbound journal from our friends at 13/sedicesimi in Turin, Italy
- lunch provided on both Saturday & Sunday
The workshop begins with digital correspondence & weekly practices 2 weeks prior to us meeting on the 11th, and continues 2 weeks after the workshop...
Workshop is limited to 20 participants,
We are all storytellers, keepers of history, and creators of the world we will leave behind for others to discover and change for themselves. There is great power in the stories we repeat to one another and the ones we come to believe in ourselves. They shape the lens through which we see the world.
Beyond your words, you have a voice. There is a story to the sound of you – created from your physical environment, the physiological structure of your body, your life experiences and choices & the way you feel about yourself. You write and speak from one life, one body, one voice.
This workshop focuses on Alignment & Synchronicity (your body telling the same story as your words and voice) so you can more deliberately shape and aim your words out into the world.
In this workshop you will:
- Become more aware of your body and the clues it is giving you
- Learn simple physical awareness techniques that can help re-orient and balance you throughout the day
- Experiment with writing from your authentic voice, aiming your words, and landing your voice on the bones of your audience
- Play with ways to expand your vocal range, access more tones and sharpen articulation for more clarity
- Experience the sound and feel of your whole voice
- Identify your habits and create a sustainable practice towards vocal health and wellness
*The $100 non-refundable deposit will hold your space in workshop. The remaining balance is due two weeks prior to the workshop, February 25, 2017. If you register after this date, the full amount is due upon sign-up. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list, or if you have any questions just email Fia at email@example.com
**The renowned Mabel Dodge Luhan House has an amazing history of writers & artists who have graced this beautiful center. Limited housing is available on the property. If you have questions about lodging or travel, please email us and we'll be happy to send information.