with Brian Andreas & Fia Skye
March 25 - 26, 2017
Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
hosted by Flora Bowley in Portland, OR
This workshop has filled. If you'd like to add your name to the waiting list, please email email@example.com
Cost: $375* includes
- 4 weeks of correspondence & weekly writing practice
- 12 hour intensive with Brian & Fia
- treats from Brian's Studio, including a signed copy of "Bring Your Life Back to Life,"
- a handbound journal from our friends at 13/sedicesimi in Turin, Italy
- lunch provided on both Saturday & Sunday
The workshop begins with digital correspondence & weekly practices 2 weeks prior to us meeting on the 11th, and continues 2 weeks after the workshop...
Workshop is limited to 22 participants.
Stories have a magical way of drawing others in… to an idea… to a relationship… to a new way of being in the world. There is great power in the stories we repeat to one another and the ones we come to believe in ourselves. They shape the lens through which we see the world. When you expand your perspective beyond yourself and your audience, towards a third space, otherwise unforeseeable possibilities present themselves and you can create with more purpose and clarity.
Through writing and partnering exercises, this workshop will not only challenge your current definition of creativity and collaboration, it will change the stories you take in and tell.
In this workshop you will:
- Become more aware of your body and the clues it is giving you as you work alone and with others
- Learn simple physical awareness techniques that can help re-orient and balance you throughout the day
- Experience how alignment allows you to partner more effectively
- Explore the power of creating a third space and how it can surpass expectations
- Experiment with writing from your authentic voice, aiming your words, and landing your voice on the bones of your audience
*The $100 non-refundable deposit will hold your space in workshop. The remaining balance is due two weeks prior to the workshop, March 11, 2017. If you register after this date, the full amount is due upon sign-up. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list, or if you have any questions just email Fia at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Flora Bowley's studio was recommended to us by a dear friend and fellow artist. When we saw the wild beauty of her work, and the natural-lit industrial space, we knew Flora's studio would be the perfect space for us to get together! If you have questions about lodging or travel, please email us and we'll be happy to send information.